Bob Spelten wrote:
>> I'm preparing an article about colour themes and intend to try to
>> build a list of programs available which use System Palette colour
>> themes. I'd appreciate any input from authors and suppliers if
>> anyone
>> is aware of programs other than these which can use system palette
>> colour themes:
>
> Too late for your article but also my Suqcess2 uses the Sytem
> Palette,
> hence the '2' like GD2/Wman2.
> The palette can be set in Preferences and can thus be changed while
> the
> program is running.
> I use this myself to distinguish between them when running multiple
> copies.
> Also the current palette is given to the printer driver by the cmd$.
Thank you - I will see if the article can be changed (it has already
been sent).

I'll add this to the information in the Colour Themes zip file on my
website when I get a moment.

> I have also patched (for my own use so far) EasyPTR's AppMan4. An
> extra
> button lets you switch to the next palette so you can see your newly
> created menu's in all 5 colour themes (0-3=sys pal, 4=Marcel's
> inbuilt
> theme).
> Per Witte's Sprv Viewer also has such a button and my AppMan can
> call an
> adapted version insteed of the inbuilt sprite viewer.
I think that most people using System Palettes only really use number
0 at the moment, but hopefully that will change over time.

I got to use a program Marcel wrote to patch colours some time ago.
Unfortunately, I've misplaced it - I had hoped to try to use it to
patch some older programs of mine to see what could be made of them.

It's one of the great things about GD2 and Wman2 that programs can be
written to look so consistent with each other - Easyptr 4 for example
makes it so easy. I don't know how much of a great task it was for
Marcel to write Wman 2 and Easyptr 4 (he probably wants to forget it!)
but I am SOOOO glad he did!