BMP PROGRAM

I've put an alpha test release of my QL/Windows BMP graphics
conversion and viewing program onto the Graphics page on my website.

This is the first release version and no doubt subject to the usual
bugs and problems of first releases.

The program lets you convert to and from 24-bit Windows BMP graphics
files, and handles QL mode 4, mode 8, mode 16 (Aurora 256 colour),
mode 32 (QPC2/QXL) and mode 33 (Q40/Q60) graphics files. BMP can also
convert between the various QL modes. Where relevant, it can also
convert Page Designer pages (e.g. transfer them to Windows BMP
format).

File viewing is implemented across modes. For example, if you are
using mode 32 on QPC, and wish to view mode 4, mode 8, mode 16 or mode
33 pictures, the program will attempt to convert and display in your
current screen mode. Results vary - trying to view a 24-bit BMP or
16-bit GD2 image in mode 4 will inevitably give poor results.

The program needs expanded memory and a system with Window Manager 2
(either recent versions of SMSQ/E or QDOS with pointer environment
version 2).

This is a first release, so no doubt it will suffer from the usual
bugs and weaknesses of first releases. Feedback is invited so that I
may try to improve the program, as it is intended to be the front end
viewer program for my wallpaper images CD/DVD which is ready once I'm
happy with this program.