Does anyone have any experience of using MCALLT in Easyptr?

I'm looking for a few examples of making use of the timeout and events
(general tinkering), and perhaps for adding help 'bubbles' to my
programs.

2 of my programs (Decimal Invaders and Status) use the timeout
facility to allow something to be counted or printed if nothing
happens within a short time, but that's about as far as I ever got
with it.

The Easyptr manual is pretty scant on the subject, basically
describing it as an MCALL with a couple of extra parameters in
Easyptr's
IMPORTANT_TXT file. It doesn't really give any examples showing to
properly use it.

As far as I know, item=MCALLT(#ch%\event%,time%) times out after time%
frames (50=1 second), and the event% parameter seems to be:
bits0-7 set - allow termination of call by events listed in pt1/42
(Do, ESC, F1 etc) as long as \ is used after #ch%

bits 8-15 (although suggested to be upper nybble bits 12-15) allow
smsq/e job events??? Since SMSQ/E allows 8 events but only 4 bits are
available, if I'm correct it must be a hex value 0 to 7 in those 4
bits???

A timeout return seems to be indicated by item=-1280 (not sure of the
significance of that number) and event% being returned unchanged in
value if no 'event' occurred.

Can anyone give a better explanation, or provide a few examples or
documentation on the subject? Apart from the "bubble help" perhaps I
don't really have any particular use in mind, just learnign more about
it.