> An ealry version of SMSQ/e for the Q40 with colour drivers should work as
> well... AFAIR it didn't have any 040 specific commands apart from the
> cache that wasn't working right anyway ;-)

Hmmm... I doubt it would work as SMSQ/E for the Q40 would likely rely on Q40
HW registers not emulated by the emulator (only the Q40 video HW register is
emulated).

To run SMSQ/E with Q-emuLator and Q40/Q60 video, you would likely need to
create a special version of SMSQ/E for the Gold Card having the Q40 video
drivers instead of the Aurora ones.
Or, even better, a special version of SMSQ/E for Q-emuLator, which would
have other benefits like layout-independent keyboard emulation and better
compatibility with QemuFast.

Daniele