Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> Exactly what are the Aurora version requirements? Does the Aurora
> SMSQ/E graphics driver work with Gold Card AND Super Gold Card (my
> MinisQL Aurora has SGC), or is Super Gold Card the only one which
> would allow the new colour modes to work on Aurora?

No idea whether there are any hardware limitations with plain GC.

> In terms of platform, the (Super) Gold Card is common to the QL and
> Aurora, which blurs the lines a little. In terms of obtaining a
> version of SMSQ/E for your system, you can buy two separate versions
> though (well, OK, I know you have been giving away copies of the
> Aurora driver version).

Not only copies, the sources for the Aurora driver are freely
available now.

> Do you consider the QPC2 SMSQ/E to be a separate version in its own
> right, or in terms of code is it a standard 680x0 implementation
> interpreted by the 68K emulation?

Not sure what you exactly mean here. But QPC2's SMSQ/E is definitely a
separate version in its own, as most device drivers are QPC specific.

> Speaking purely in terms of how many different SMSQ/E's you may need
> ot consider for your various systems (leaving aside the original
> discussion about platforms), am I correct in summarising as follows:

All in all that looks correct. Though there were some other more minor
versions, the ByteBox for example. But only a handful of people have
probably ever seen that one.

> SMSQ/E for Q40/Q60 (same or different versions for both machines?)

Same.

Marcel