----- Original Message -----
From: "John Gilpin"
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:39 PM
Subject: Re: [ql-users] Copy for QUANTA Magazine

>At least that will leave the rest of the year free for other
> activities like PC Hurling - must challenge Dilwyns Gold medal next year!
> and Wine glass smashing, anyone want to take on the chairman?, Napkin
> stealing surely noone can beat the "Other Editor" and finally Vegitarian
> Duck Breeding - any guesses which Branch holds this gong?

Oh dear, John, how very dull. The "Other Editor" lives a far more exciting
life.

After the Byfleet show at the beginning of November I ate in a Japanese
restaurant in Piccadilly, and we all now know what happens in those
establishments!

This day also had its strange happenings. I noticed the manager and my
waitress having a whispered conversation and looking conspiratorially in my
direction. She then asked me if I was happy to eat raw fish, and if so would
I kindly test a new menu item for them.

Even more bizarre when I left the restaurant I noticed there was an extra
stamp on my loyalty card. This was not the usual smiley, but the japanese
character meaning "the power to command respect".

Am I just paranoid or do I detect a link with the fact that the Chairman
attended the show disguised in a false beard and accompanied by an aide
carrying the Quanta "nuclear" case?

MI6, the KGB and the CIA are rank amateurs compared with the intrigues of
the QL world,

Best Wishes
007ΒΌ