I think the "bug" you are describing ALWAYS occurred in Abacus ... but,
did not seem to occur with PC-Abacus ... I also don't recall it occurring
with the QXL, so I think it is actually a clock cycle problem (for want
of a better/proper description) in the QL-or-68008.

The work-around that I used (I only had to lock up the computer a
half-dozen times before I figured out what NOT to do!) was to "GOTO
A1"/F5, and then scroll down-and-over to the cell I wanted.

Al