----- Original Message -----
From: "Malcolm Cadman" <>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: [ql-users] Quanta membership

> Yes, it obviously very difficult to get a response back from members who
> have left.

Quanta is small enough for most of the departed to be "known" names. If I
were chairman I would be wanting a list of those names for clues to why
they have left.

Unfortunately Quanta has never really made the effort to find out anything
about its members. The only people to do it in recent years have been John
Southern and myself. I was on the committee at the time and neither of our
surveys were discussed in any detail. (Mine was totally ignored, John's was
just the reporting of the results.)

A smaller Quanta is not necessarily a bad thing. If it was more homogenous
it would be easier for the committee to serve the members. A Quanta of just
50 people could contribute greatly to the QL community provided they were
active members. (And there are probably at least 50 people who attend shows
and/or are active in subgroups.)

Best Wishes,

Geoff