In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>Morning Malcolm,
>
>> Yes, it is one of those Digital Precision "hard on the eyes" productions
>> .... :-)
>
>I think you probably mean "one of those Digital Precision 'hard to
>photocopy' productions" - Freddy was very very good at protecting his
>interests. All his manuals were on coloured paper that was, at least
>back then, very difficult to photo copy. I'm told, because I never
>actually tried, that they (a) come out all black with black text and
>(b) use up all your [employer's] toner !

Indeed ... :-) ... having a coloured background gives a lower contrast
ratio with the black for the text.

The "protection theory" also made them hard to read.  The only one that
was restful was black on a yellow ground.

I guess that is why I have hardly ever read any the manuals ... :-(

--
Malcolm Cadman