14 aug 2007 kl. 19.15 skrev Stephen Usher:

> Ian L. Pine wrote:
>>> Mauny Amiga 1200s had an internal hard disk, yours doesn't seem
>>> to. Oh
>>> well, this means that you'll be swapping floppies a great deal
>>> and I'm
>>> not sure that QDOS4Amiga will actually fit on one and be usable.
>>
>> Hmmm. Might be more trouble that it's worth then.  I haven't
>> looked inside
>> the case because the machine isn't mine, but if the connectors for
>> the hard
>> disk are provided inside, what type of disk would work - I have a
>> spare 6Gb
>> ATA one?
>
> 2.5" laptop IDE drives.

You can actualy use standard 3.5" drives with a 2.5 -> 3.5 cable ,
and a power snatcher that steels power from the floppy power
connector. If you remove the shield from the 1200 , a 3.5" hd will
fit inside.

The A1200 ide controller supports 2 drives , so it is possible to
connect a cd to  it as well. There is or was a 2.5"->3.5" 3.5" cable.
But in that case I recomend to use a pc psu with the hd and cd

There is no way around , not having a system disk and using  a new hd
is only possible if you have hdtoolbox. Hdtoolbox is included on the
3.x disks.

/Michael