In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes

>In a message dated 07/10/2007 18:12:58 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>writes:
>
>Actually  I am not being facetious about the use of the word "punter". I wote
>in a  light-hearted way, but I think the person concerned is making a fair
>point, and we should be sensitive to it.
In that case you have to be sensitive to everything some half cocked
loony takes offence to  and where does that leave you? Straight in PC
territory and we know how well PCs are appreciated here.

>The problem is I cannot  think of a suitable alternative that also conveys
>the sort of atmosphere  we have at shows,
'Billys' or, as Stuart would have it 'the great unwashed'
--
Roy Wood
Q Branch. 20 Locks Hill, Portslade, Sussex.BN41 2LB