A good place to start if you want to program games on the PC under
windows is Dark Basic ( professional ),
Good results can be achieved with effort.

darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/

This is a decent list of other similar software

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GAME-MAKING-SOFTWARE-BEST-UGLY/lm/RHHUAS8MFX2HH/ref=cm_lmt_srch_f_2_rsrsrs0

Sorry if this is a little non QL.

Neil

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 20:40 +0000, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
> The one thing he hasn't mastered yet is programming, though he's
sitting up and taking
> note at how easy it is for me to write things in S*BASIC and he's
wanting to get into writing games.

Tell him to have a look at wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide
I still use SuperBasic (endlessly putting off converting to FreeBasic)
under QemuLator, but if I were starting again I'd definitely try
Python.

David

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact the company on
01793-715380, then delete it from your system. Please note neither the company
nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
No contract may be concluded on behalf of the company by means of email
communications.

BC Services (UK) Limited (trading as Boxclever), Technology House,
Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9QQ.  Registered No. 5290544 England

 www.boxclever.co.uk