Wolfgang Lenerz wrote:

> As to Norman, I've been using QPC under Wine for quite some time now.
I know - I read your article in QL Today recently to see what problems
you have had with it. You didn't mention the repeating key problem but
did mention extreme slowness.

How on Earth did you get around the repeating keys - I find it
impossible to type anything at all.

> Make sure you have one of the latest versions of wine, I'm currently
> using 0.9.50,  which probably isn't the totally lateest version, I
> haven't had time to upgrade yet (type "wine --version" in a console to
> find out which version you have - get the latest version at www.winehq.org).
> You might also try to poke around in winecfg...
Well after Windows recently ate my Linux root partition, I have not yet
reinstalled wine. It is on the list of things still to be reinstalled
though. I'm just checking in Yast as to which version I have on the DVD
and/or in one of the repositories I'm connected to. (It says Wine
version 0.9.44.15-i586 is on the DVD)

> I've also found that running QPC in a window rather than fullscreen
> makes a difference.
I always run it in a Window, even on Windows! Usually 800 by 640.

> Conceivably, your window manager (KDE/GNOME or whatever) also makes
> a difference, although I haven't found this to be the case, I regularly
> run it under KDE and also under Gnome/Metacity with a maclike theme
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mac4lin).
I'm most definitely a KDE user. We have Gnome at work and I absolutely
loath and detest it. Should be wiped from the planet in my (humble?)
opinion!! ;-)

> There is no reason why this should work here and not with you!
> Which Linux are you using (I use Suse).
OpenSuse 10.3 and all patches applied up until today!

Cheers,
Norman.