----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gilpin" <thegilp...@btinternet.com>
To: "ql-users" <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:00 PM
Subject: [Ql-Users] Room Rates at Allesley Hotel

NOTE:- The long awaited August/September/October issue of QUANTA >Magazine will be delivered from the printers on Monday. This means that members in the UK should receive their copy about Wednesday. European and Rest of >the World Members should receive their copies shortly afterwards.

John, many thanks for this note. There is a suggestion I have to make that I would hope other members will comment on.

The last issue of the magazine we received was in August 2008. We are now promised the August/September/October 2008 issue next week when it will be almost 2½ months late. I know the last 6 weeks of this delay was due to an unexpected change of circumstances that was beyond your personal control.

We have been promised a November/December2008/January 2009 issue and I have no doubt you are already working hard on it. However I would like to suggest that we accept reality now and regard volume 25 issue 4 that we are due to receive next week as the final issue of volume 25. If you still insist on bringing out issue 5, then I hope members accept it as a nominal thin issue.

Let us put the unfortunate history of volume 25 behind us and now look foward to a new start with volume 26.

The first issue of a new volume is the most important issue of the year as it contains all the details for the AGM. Under the constitution volume 26 issue 1 has to be with members before 29th March 2009 and you cannot start work on the AGM items until after nominations close on 1st February 2009. The 2009 AGM is likely to be one of the most important for Quanta in recent years and it is essential that there are no further snags.

Given that it has been over four months since we last received a Quanta Magazine - and most of this delay has not been your fault - it is important that we free you from as much work as possible so that you have all the time to prepare volume 26 issue 1,

Best wishes,

Geoff