In message <496ba244.8040...@rwapservices.co.uk>, Rich Mellor <r...@rwapservices.co.uk> writes

Dilwyn Jones wrote:
Does anyone know how to use the Q-Talk speech synthesizer - I have one here to test...

--  Rich Mellor
RWAP Services
It was sold by Maxtronics R&D in New Zealand. The only info I've been able to find on it was in Chris Adams' QL World database:

QL World Dec 87 page 7
QL World May 88 page 30

and their adverts in issues at around that time.

OK great - now all we need is someone with a copy of those magazines!!

Hi Rich,

There is a brief article in QL World Dec 87 page 7, about Qtalk.

I can send you a photocopy of the page, if you wish.

It states that there are 16 levels of programmable pitch, and more than 400 rules to convert text to speech. Together with an exception dictionary of 25,000 words, and the user can define their own exception table.

It goes on to say that Qtalk is configured as standard output device. Requiring just 20K of RAM.

Two games - Alien Hijack and Puzzle mania are also mentioned as being released with the device.

The cost, at the time, was £88.50 including P&P.
The distributor was Chi-Soft, 20 Chandros Way, Welgarth Road, Hampstead, London NW11 7HF. The system was produced by Maxtronic R&D Ltd, 26a Conway Street, Christchurch 2, New Zealand.

The article in QL World May 88 page 30. Is a full review written by Ron Massey, and extends over 4 pages of the magazine.

The product is described as Maxtronic Qtalk, and the source is given as Strong Computer Systems, Bryn Cottage, Carmarthen, Dyfed SA32 7DJ.

Again, I can send you a photocopy of the pages, if you wish.

Or, I could scan the relevant pages if that is more convenient for you.

--
Malcolm Cadman