From: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com
[mailto:ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] On Behalf Of Urs Koenig (QL)
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:00 PM
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Sinclair QL documents, manuals and magazines

Malcolm Cadman wrote:
>With that sort of power the time is reduced for this type of work.
>I guess that the quality is very good too.

It's a XEROX WorkCentre 7655, max. format is A3.

Today I've scanned a Sinclair QL advertisement out of a 1984 magazine as a
trial. Check it out:
1) as PDF (v1.4, two layers graphic and text, text searchable)
http://www.cowo.ch/downloads/SinclairQL_advertisement_doublepage_1984-0x.pdf
2) as JPG
http://www.cowo.ch/downloads/SinclairQL_advertisement_doublepage_1984-0x.jpg

I did go for best quality not for small file size. -> Welcome to 2009 with
powerful PC's and fast Internet all around. ;-)

Regards, Urs
__________________

>> The web, as always, is open to anyone who wants to contribute. If you
>> have any book, magazine or manual, contact us to tell the best way to
>> pass the documents to PDF. You can even send copies (who gladly pay)
>> so that we deal with it.
>
>There's help.
>
>1. I have a huge collection of QL stuff including many printed
>   documents, manuals and books.
>
>2. We have a 15'000$ XEROX WorkCentre at work which has a powerful
>   duplex scan engine. To scan 100 pages of A4 paper takes just a few
>   minutes.
>
>Another contribution to the "QLis25" year will be that on one evening
>or another I will scan some documents, mainly those which are
>1) easy to scan
>2) not available/downloadable as a scan
>3) scanned version is of bad quality or incomplete
>
>Regards, Urs

Hi Urs,

Great idea.

--