gdgqler wrote:

On 13 Feb 2009, at 18:02, Billy wrote:

Just noticed this - I'm using QPC 3.34 beta 3  smsqe 3.13
I can save a file to Win1_ and access it again but if I closes QPC down then restart it the file is no longer there = MS strikes again

Any help welcome

It works OK with me. The file is still there.

I am using Windows XP Home version.

WIN1 is the file on D:/qxl.win

George

Hi George
Yes I have my PC I drive set as Win1_ and it works fine but the problem is when saving to Win2_ which is on the C drive and when saving to floppy.
C drive is NTFS and the I drive ( that works ) is FAT 32.
I'm using Vista
The properties box for the I drive show it to be owbed me ME wheras the C drive is owned by Administrator. I have just tried changing this so the the Win file on the C drive is also owned by everyone but it still does not work. It's not a big deal really as win1_ on the I drive works fine and backup is just a case of copy and paste from the I drive to C drive I think it's probably a Vista thing as the C Drive properties box has an extra tab ( security ) that the I drive does not have

Thanks for the reply

All the best - Bill