Dilwyn Jones schrieb:
I notice that Micro$oft have released something called "Small Basic" (it's been around a
while actually) which is a cousin to their QBasic and the like, designed to go with the .net
framework etc. But above all, what got my attention was that it was "designed to put the fun
back into programming."

It's been designed to be a simple to use second generation BASIC and seems to be aimed at
youngsters and people who just want to write quick applications for their own use rather
than being a development system for commercial/free aps as such. There's info about it
here and a "getting started" guide which gives an idea of what it's about.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/devlabs/cc950524.aspx

Is this some kind of admission that people are wanting to go back to simpler,
easier to learn programming systems like our S*Basic for example?

What does everyone else think?

I allways a littel bit careful, when I read M$ make all so easy, without you must thinking. I mean it's possible with other programming languages start simply programming, but
it's important so early as possible to learn the complexity (of life).

The problem I see here is, that you can't separate things of your hobby/profession and private side. If you don't think a little complese (an see behind the scene) you don't do this in your private life
and the world around you can you easier manipulate.

To teh programming itself I think a to eays stile isn't good for "harder" programming languages
you most alway seek the easierst way to solve a problem an not the best.

Norbert Marchl