Da: ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com
[mailto:ql-users-boun...@lists.q-v-d.com] Per conto di John Gilpin
Inviato: giovedì 27 agosto 2009 0.12
A: ql-users
Oggetto: [Ql-Users] Aurora + SGC problem.

I have two identical rigs each one comprising Aurora + Super Gold Card +
QuBide all mounted in a Pandora Case with other components - Hard Disk, PSU,
Floppy Drive etc. -  Until recently, each rig would self start - with no
need to select F1 or F2 and each maintained perfect time and date.

However, over the past few days I have noticed that although once they are
up and running they still keep perfect time, once switched off, one of them
comes back with a random time and date at switch on and the same machine
needs F1 or 2 selecting at power up.

The other machine is still working correctly.

I understand that there is a battery on the SGC (although I have never
identified it) and I wondered if this behaviour is typical of a battery
needing replacing or perhaps something quite else. If it is the battery
which is at fault, where do I go or a replacement, about how much do they
cost and what do I ask for?

Are they easy to replace or are special tools required?

Can someone please help?

Thanks.

Regards to all.

John Gilpin.