In message <6ccc12f00909301502m63a37e0ch1aa31765b9cf2...@mail.gmail.com>, Darren Branagh <darrenbran...@gmail.com> writes

Hi Darren,

How are you these days ... ?

Thanks for this information about "Micro Men".

I have Freeview, but not BBC4 ... although I have ITV2, 3 and 4; and Film on 4.

Although I have seen the trailer advertised on another BBC channel.

Can you make a copy for me on to a DVD ?

I did visit Cambridge in the 1980's and met quite a few of the people who were involved with Sinclair Research and Acorn.

I am sure that this re-creation will make for interesting viewing ... :-)

My new address is :

17 Harmon House
Bowditch
Deptford
London SE8 3AS

Phone is : 020 8691 5780.

Ta !

Hi All,

I have just seen that BBC4 (freeview and satellite channel) are
broadcasting a specially made movie length drama about Sir Clive
Sinclair and his race to become the first person to release an
affordable home computer in the UK (The ZX80). Its filled with 80's
nostalgia, including original press releases and adverts from the
time.

Sir Clive is played by the comedian Alexander Armstrong, and Chris
Curry is played by Martin Freeman (of "The Office" fame).

I *THINK* Its being screened next Thursday evening, the 8th, at 9pm,
and is called "Micro Men" - just seen the trailer on BBC4 and it looks
excellent. I am wondering will it mention the QL.........hope so,
certainly deserves it. Nigel Searle and even Rick Dickinson also make
an appearance, played by actors of course.

links to some info is here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1459467

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/09/30/micro-men-bbc4-tv-drama/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tv/comingup/micromen/

including a video teaser, which sadly is not available outside of the UK :(

Cheers,

Darren.

--
Malcolm Cadman