matras...@aol.com wrote:
>  Yes he has, but I will try George's suggestion just in case, as it
> will only take a miniscule amount of time to try and if it delivers

... then it's some sort of miracle. Usually I do know what my code can
do and what not.

> Its a pity that QPC2 does not support direct sector access to alien
> formats as other versions of the QL do.

The difference is that other versions have to support direct sector
access anyway in order to support higher file level functions. It's
basically a by-product. On QPC no such support is necessary and thus
implementing it is a completely unrelated feature. One that has not
been called for very often.
(on a related note, direct sector access for floppy discs works of
course, for the stated reasons).

Marcel