John Gilpin wrote:

And here's yet another one for you:-

Having LRESPRed various extensions in my Boot program, what would cause some or all of the resulting EXTRAS to disappear from the EXTRAS list?

Having run the boot, I have checked the EXTRAS list and been happy that what I wanted is there. Then, after allowing the boot program to call the next program in the sequence using ex 'win1_next program.exe' which subsequently returns on completion, I find that re running the same boot
program fails since some of EXTRAS are no longer there. What sort of
error should I be looking for?

Is there a way of stepping through a BASIC program, line by line, for
debugging purposes?  If so how?
Two possibilities, albeit remote ones, I can think of:

1. If other jobs were running (including hotkey job) and you used LRESPR to load the extensions, it would not be able to put the extensions into RESPR space, instead it uses the equivalent of ALCHP. When the job is finished, or a NEW issued (etc etc) the heap space might get cleared and extensions lost. Always best to LRESPR extensions before you start any other jobs, including SBASICs and Hotkey jobs (i.e. before a HOT_GO).

2. If you LRESPR an extension into a daughter SBASIC, they might be local to that job and vanished when that particular SBASIC is removed. There's a little info about this on the bottom of page 27 (in my version of the manual at least) of the SMSQ/E manual.

Could you possibly send a few lines of your boot so we can see what's happening? Or send it to me privately off list?