Hmmm, just after sending that last email, I noticed that my AVG9 anti-virus had spotted a trojan in a junk email I got earlier today. It seems to have removed it OK, but just in case, check for attachments in my emails before opening them. Of course, I wouldn't knowingly send an attachment to the mailing list.

The report I got was

"Viruses found in the attached files.
The file utility.zip: Trojan horse Dropper.Generic.BFIV. The attachment was =
moved to the Virus Vault."

in an email with subject line "your mail box has been deactivated". I didn't open it (AVG had dealt with it before I got a chance), so watch out for this "just in case"

Apologies if a false alarm.