In message <aanlktinw_xhjg9cjh22zehuqn92mock_pwlakxjxu...@mail.gmail.com>, Petri Pellinen <p...@iki.fi> writes

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 2:09 PM, Tony Firshman <t...@firshman.co.uk> wrote:
I reckon you would be *far* better off if you could find a Gold Card or
SuperGoldCard. They were much superior, with faster processor and added ram.

Yeah, I know... On the other hand, I'm looking at this as a
retrocomputing hobby and part of the fun is just messing around with
the original hardware. The disk interface would really just be a
convenience.

At some point in time I might be tempted to obtain a second QL and go
crazy with all the mods and expansions including some variant of the
gold card :)

Tony

/Petri

Hi Petri,

The Cumana Disk Interface was my first disk interface for the QL.

It is very reliable, and has always worked with the twin Cumana disk drives that I also purchased back in the 1980's.

I even visited the Cumana factory and design facility, as they were one of the innovative manufacturers.

My Cumana disk drives work fine with either a QL or a BBC "B", so, if you are getting in the fun of retro computing then keep this in mind.

As Tony suggested, the Gold Card and the Super Gold Card obviate the single Disk Interface designs, as they both incorporate more integrated features.

However the Disk Interface should work just fine ... just find an older disk drive specification to use, rather than recent ones.

--
Malcolm Cadman