On 25/01/2011 16:18, Tony Firshman wrote:
Norman Dunbar wrote, on 25/Jan/11 08:23 | Jan25:

My real heart's desire is, ironically, a hardware/software project, to
put together a package of an ARM-based embedded computer with Linux,
booting right into uQLx, so that it is basically a QL. Getting it so
it can fit inside a QL case with PSU and a couple of laptop SATA HDs
or compact flash cards
Far too costly - it will cost you and 'ARM' and a leg. ;-)
(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Ah that reminds me of a group of people standing around a QLer in Eindhoven showing off his digital camera, in the very early days of these. I said "That must have cost you an arm and a leg" - innocently I assure you.
He had physical problems and very little use of his arms and hands.
Fortunately he spoke little English and did not understand, but he must have thought I made a good joke, from the laughter around (8-)#

Tony

Actually he was missing a hand and part of the arm.
Roy

--
Roy Wood