I'm scratching my head over this ridiculously simple piece of code that
works fine under SMSQ but locks a QDOS JM-ROM Aurora/SGC every time:

moveq  #mt.cjob,d0

moveq  #0,d1                                     ; Independent job

moveq  #16,d2                                  ; Enough room for job name

move.l  #1024,d3                              ; Some stack space

sub.l      a1,a1                                     ; Start address 0

trap        #1                                           ; Create a job

It's getting called at the end of a device driver installation, but actually
it doesn't seem to matter how it gets called . it locks up the OS! And as I
say, SMSQ has happily executed the same code hundreds of times (if not
thousands by now).  I've tried numerous combinations of code size and
dataspace size; the only difference being that reducing the dataspace size
below 512 causes the infamous message PROC/FN Cleared to appear . and still
locks QDOS.

Any suggestions - however much out of the box - would be much appreciated.

Adrian