like it or hate its tempting :) hmmm two trumpcards or deposit on a C5 oops X1

            Lee
-: Back to the QL :-
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Tony Firshman
  To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
  Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] Sir C on radio4

  Dilwyn Jones wrote, on 7/Apr/11 18:08 | Apr7:
  > Tony Firshman wrote:
  >> peet vanpeebles wrote, on 7/Apr/11 17:13 | Apr7:
  >>

  >>> His new machine is the X-1
  >>>
  >>> http://www.sinclairzx.com/spec-x-1.html
  >>>
  >> Oh dear - it is a re-cycled C5. Will he never learn (8-)#
  >>
  >> Tony
  >
  > Ialso don't like where it describes the "pancake" motor (after the
  > visibility moans about a C5.
  >
  > £595 (albeit half that with the subsidy)? Deposit now in advance of
  > launch - will anybody trust him on delivery dates etc after his computer
  > delivery delays? Or is he taking the desposits just to finance the projec?
  >
  > Secondary battery packs availale (in case the first one goes flat
  > halfway to work, presumably).
  >
  > Not clear from the photo if it's a two wheel bike or a trike???
  Looks like a bike:

  "A super efficient MCR pancake motor is linked to rear wheel ..."

  .... so one has to put a foot out when it stops. Still will stop David
  Batty doing wheelies (8-)#

  > I suppose it might work as a runaround on holiday sites, etc.
  How on earth do you take it on holiday?
  > Or on
  > public cycle paths, still wouldn't feel happy on roads with it. OK, it
  > has a solid frame (for when you fall over) and the waterproof bubble for
  > rain etc. It might find a niche, but I won't be holding my breath.
  >
  > Not sure at all about this - would tend to agree with Tony.

  Yes - it is just a more modern more efficient C5. He goes on about "high
  visibility" but I am not so sure.  At least with a push bike one is more
  manoeuvrable and one can jump off.

  I wonder if there it can re-charge down hills and braking.  I suspect
  not as there is no mention.

  Tony
  --
  QBBS (QL fido BBS 2:257/67) +44(0)1442-828255
          t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk