On 08/06/2011 04:48, Bryan Horstmann wrote:
I bought some watch batteries on Amazon; Renata batteries are available from many suppliers there. I had a dud, and two replacements were dud(low voltage) also (right hand picture below). Three supplied ones as on the left, seemed OK on voltage per Renata's spec. I asked Renata how I could tell the age and was surprised by their response:-

Dear Mr. Horstmann,

We did receive your fax regarding the fake batteries. It seems that you did buy fake batteries from an unsafe source. The blister pack on the right hand side of your picture is a fake battery, for sure. The blister on the left hand side is looking like our blisters, but you don't know what is inside. We are aware that fake batteries Renata and other brands are offered via internet and trade shop sources in China, Hong Kong and Dubai (and maybe some other places too). Prices are very low because these are alkaline button cells. Each and every genuine Renata battery is marked with a date code on the battery itself.

May I strongly recommend that you purchase Renata batteries exclusively from an official Renata distributor. Could you please let us have more information about your company and your business activities (complete address details, homepage etc.) in order to be able to inform you about your nearest official distributor for genuine Renata batteries. Thank you very much in advance and

best regards,

Daniel Cragnolini
Key Account Manager Consumer Batteries

Renata SA:-