Norman Dunbar wrote:
On 10/06/11 15:09, Tony Firshman wrote:
.... now where did you register the LaunchPad trademark Dilwyn? (8-)#
With software, it doesn't even have to be registered. Prior use is all
that is required.

Think back to the Firebird Database versus Mozilla Firebird (browser) a few years ago. The database had been called Firebird for years, but
no trade mark is registered. When Mozilla came out and renamed their
browser to Firebird, it hit the fan.

A "cease and desist" letter was all it took (eventually) to resolve
the problem, and that's how Firefox was born. Had Mozilla not changed
the name, court proceedings would have found in favour of the
database. (So I'm told by the legal experts anyway.)

So, Dilwyn could, if he wanted, ask Apple to cease and desist. ;-)

Cheers,
Norm.
He he, that's good to know, but I'm not that bothered by it. I daresay I could be cheeky and ask for a royalty on every copy of theirs that they sell ;-)