It seems, a way like in SMS2 would do it. SMS2 for Atari ST machines just had a CLI to make such things like EXEC, DIR, FORMAT.

But SMS2 let you EX Qlib and other jobs. SuperBasic programming was just possible via QD and a QD plug-in for compiling and QLib. So there was a kind of Basic table but no interpreter for running the programs directly.

----- Original Message ----- From: "IAN PINE" <ilp...@tesco.net>
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:27 PM
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] A runtime version of QPC2?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcos Cruz" <q...@programandala.net>
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Sent: Monday, 28 November, 2011 7:56:39 PM
Subject: [Ql-Users] A runtime version of QPC2?

Hi all,

I'd like to share some thoughts and an idea about QPC2 (what Marcel may tell
if it's feasible or not).

SBASIC is a great tool, powerful enough but still comfortable, and SMSQ/E
provides many of the features normally needed to write modern programs. Since I returned to the QL, I have started some new projects in SBASIC. Even if my main motivations are fun and learning, and the programs will be published as free and gratis software when finished, sometimes I think it's a waste of time
because nobody will buy QPC2 (or Q-emuLator + SMSQ/E) just to try them...

<SNIP>

Good idea (easy to say though because I won't be the one doing the work :o). Perhaps a version could be done as a browser plug-in like Flash Player so SBASIC programs could be launched just by clicking them directly from the wep page.

Ian.