On 03/01/2012 04:45, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
Having got myself a little Android tablet computer (ancient v2.2 or so, was
only really bought because of low price) I started playing with eBooks on it.

It’s crossed my mind that as these things have reasonable screens, one of the
things I’d like to try to do is to port QL documentation (e.g. QL manual) as
eBooks so that I can keep them all to hand, so that (i) the bookshelf can be
cleared out and (ii) I don’t have to keep flicking between the QPC screen and
reference PDFs on the PC all the time while programming (having the Android
tablet propped up by the PC would be helfpul).

I don’t know much about eBook formats, but a quick use of google did suggest
that it’s possible to convert between PDFs and the various eBook formats.
Anyone got experience in this area, so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel?

If this works, it might be an idea for the medium term to then try to get these
ebooks on ebook websites to make QL documentation more widely available for
those returning to the QL, for example?

A neighbour has been putting novels on Kindle, Dilwyn. He says that hefollowed instructions on the amazon KDP website. The original document must be in Word format

Bryan H