I do not believe that the rises were as a result of more people using email
either.

Most of my post (ignoring freebies/statements and junk mail) relates around
stuff I purchase or sell on line, eBay and the like must be generating a
lot of traffic on their own.

Anyway I have considered sending the content of this email to everyone on
the user list in a letter, which I will print out on paper and put in an
evelope (also at my expensive) I will drive to the nearest Post office for
such duties as my local one within walking distance has closed now. Buy the
stamps, place the stamps on the envelopes and shove through a letter box
and drive back. Oh wait a minute I dont have anyones address. I will leave
it here in that case, if only the QL had a method for communicating between
likeminded people...

Technically 2 pence worth equates without inflation to 0.8333 in new money

2D = 0.833p