From: "Dilwyn Jones" <dil...@evans1511.fsnet.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:28 PM
To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] UK Postal Increases

Just to bring this back on topic, Quanta members can sleep peacefully in their beds - this year at least.

What do you mean 'sleep' - they're all too busy using their QLs all day, aren't they?

Well we all know you are superhuman, but some of us do need to sleep at nights!

At the AGM new treasurer, John Gilpin, announced his intention of buying a huge stock of stamps as their present price,
I think these have to be the ones with the '1st' and '2nd' class digits printed on them, not ones with the value printed on it. Also this won't help overseas members as these can't be used for overseas part-payment of postage.

Seriously we can expect the postal supplement to rise to over £3 next year. It is becoming more and more beneficial for members to opt for the electronic magazine. This is easier for Quanta than QL Today because the Quanta Magazine, in both size and format, is almost tailor made for e-readers.

I got the impression at the AGM that members do see the future of the magazine as being more electronic than paper,

Best wishes,

Geoff