On 25 Jun 2012, at 11:00, John Alexander <acontractor...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> You can drive a composite display  from the Raspberry Pi so any old TV should
> do not just the fancy HDMI.
> Support your "QL"(OK sort of formally QL) trader and get one of my cases.
> Then your capacitor wont fall off ! ;)
>
> Asda/Tescos/etc etc do  4GB cards pritty cheap. I've got some 4GB ones with a
> bootable image on already for £7 if thats useful?

Yes indeed, as long as it has composite video input. I must say I have never
owned an old TV with such a socket (normally phono).  The point I was making
was that most modern LCD TVs have both hdmi (and composite video) and USB
sockets, so only a mouse and keyboard are then needed (powered off the TV via
the Pi).  Note the USB socket is a mini one - smaller than the connector on
cameras and the like.  Like firewire, there are a plethora of connectors.

Tony
--
    t...@firshman.co.uk        http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44 (0) 1442 828254      Fax: +44 (0) 1442 828255. Skype: tony firshman