Computer Research Centrum, Ltd wrote, on 10/Aug/12 19:22 | Aug10:
Noman  thanks for the info but I do not know how toget the command line:sorry.

Just find and run the Terminal application.
http://technical-itch.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/ubuntu-terminal.png
Wow - really the *whole* point of using Linux is the sophistication of the command line. Linux defaults to the command line and the GUI has to be run as a program.

That is what I especially like about Macbook OS X. The command line is a flavour of Linux.

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman