Bryan Horstmann wrote, on 19/Oct/12 09:32 | Oct19:

Bryan/

Is there an easy/in-expensive way to use the QL keyboard, which I find
quite OK, on a R-pi?
Interesting to know though if anyone can come up with a method.
The starting point I guess is an I/O device to convert the QL row/column into a serial stream.
I daresay it is not impossible but .......

There's a Ciseco board on ebay for £7.68

  K002 - Slice of Pi/o - add on Raspberry Pi - buffered I/O I2C upto 128
  ports!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K002-Slice-of-Pi-o-add-on-Raspberry-Pi-buffered-I-O-I2C-upto-128-ports-/221134890594?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item337caaa662.

Is that the sort of thing which might do it?
This gives 16 inputs and matches the QL keyboard row/columns exactly.

The issue then is software only maybe. One has to persuading the system to stuff data into the keyboard queue. Not a clue how though, or even if it is possible at all. The IBM keyboard input is serial and a complex structure.

Over to Linux experts........

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman