Timothy Swenson wrote, on 22/Jan/13 03:08 | Jan22:

<snip>

Another option is for the user to try the DOS version using DOSBOX on
Linux.  DOSBOX is great for running old DOS software.  I've run stuff
that was created in 1986 and it ran fine.

I too use it for my 16 bit Arcplus business software (Archive derived).
I am still using programs I wrote in 1986 under QL Archive.
.... and still finding bugs (8-)#

Beware of the std version though if you want obscure DOS commands. You will need the 'megabuild' version (for commands like net for instance which I use for redirecting lpt1 to windows printers).

Isn't it a pain that modern Windows have abandoned 16 bit software.

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman