Wolfgang wrote:
> > I must say that I've banned Java from my own PCs for ages but "thanks"
> > to SMSQmulator I've installed Java 6 on my workhorse (a 2007 Lenovo
> > X61s with dual core Intel Core2Duo L7500 1600Mhz CPU running under
> > Windows Vista Business 32-bit).
> Any reason you didn't install java 7? Just curious....
My motives to install Java 6 were:
1) Because the only two PCs in the family who already had Java installed
both have Java 6, I hoped to get a comparable setup.
2) Ages ago I've got annoyed by the (auto-)update of a new Java version
every week or so. I have the faint hope that the current build of Java 6
(Update 38) will last a while as mainstream support will end next month.
See:
http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_6.xml
3) Recently Java7 received bad press concerning security. See:
http://www.20min.ch/digital/news/story/15141662
4) Java 6 is available since 2006, Java 7 since 2011. From my experience
old(er)/mature systems tend to be more stable than new(er) ones. ;-)

> > What really should be improved by Wolfgang is that the CPU load of the
> > host system (PC) should be throttled if SMSQE is "idle" (scheduler
> > running and jobs waiting for input).
>
> Try increasing the cursor blink parameter in the options menu.
At my installation the default was 0. I did now set it to 100.

> However, if you increase it too much you'll get dropped chars from the
> keyboard (as you may have noted).
I'm keeping an eye on that.

Cheers, Urs