WILLIAM WAUGH wrote, on 20/Mar/13 13:46 | Mar20:

Bill/
BTW you need to set your mailer to use quote characters.  Without them the
email you were replying to (snipped) looks part of what you were saying.

Apologies to all firstly for duplicate posting and also for this top posting
reply ( I'm of the old school on this although pretty sure I could get used to
it)
Tony I take your point re quoting, baffled me for a while, think I may have got
it though.
I have of late been replying to mails direct from Yahoo site (due to too many
genuine mails being put in spam) , a quick look didn't find a setting but it
does seem set up for top replying and as I replied at the bottom it probably
just lumped my text in with Normans, will investigate further and return to
Thunderbird.
All the best - Bill

That looks perfect.

..... bar the top posting (8-)#

One can always defeat the systems by editing, as I have done here.

Tony

--
       t...@firshman.co.uk     http://firshman.co.uk
Voice: +44(0)1442-828254 Fax: +44(0)1442-828255 Skype: tonyfirshman