On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 7:11 AM, George Gwilt <grggw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21 Mar 2013, at 11:48, Norman Dunbar wrote:
>

> >> It always surprises me how many different ways people use their QLs.
> This shows up for example in differing BOOTs. It would certainly interest
> me to have QL users describe their own BOOT programs.
> >
> > How interesting! I have always been of the opposite view. Boot files are
> about as boring as you can get - to my mind - but, with a little thought, I
> can see where you are coming from.
> >
> > The boot file is obviously set up to help (or in my case, probably
> hinder) efficient use of the QL.
> >
> > My own boot file is basically the following:
> >
> > Enable TK2.
> > Prog and data_use set to win1_.
> > Lrespr Qpac2, DJToolkit, Turbo Toolkit, QMON2, Liberator Run-times and
> QD.
> > WTV 4
> >
> > Hot Pick for SuperBasic on key b.
> > Hot wake for QPAC2 utilities on assorted keys:
> >
> > P Pick
> > R Rjob
> > F Files
> > X Exec
> > Z Wake
> > Q QD
> >
> > Runs the clock in the button frame.
> >
> > Move along everyone, there's nothing to see here! :-)
> >

> Well well! Quite a lot for me to learn here. Would make an interesting
> article for me at any rate.
>
> George

For those of us with lower skill levels, or 'less remembering' like myself
and a few of the older QLers, :)  conversations and comparisons of boot
files open up a lot of opportunities to do things that we otherwise might
not know we could do, or think to do.

Mine simply loads TK2, then changes iNK and PAPER colors to white/black to
increase contrast on my very poor monitor. As its dying act before removing
itself, it simply states some system information: the current time, ROM
version, speed factor, free_mem etc.

--
Dave Park
Sandy Electronics, LLC