If I remember correctly Windows 64 bit needs some tweaking to get some 32 bit programs to run properly. I seem to remember something about running 32 bit in a special mode on 64 bit machines.

I am sorry I cannot be more specific because I have neither Windows 7 or 8.

Perhaps Marcel is able to investigate this and issue either a 64 bit version or a version which is compatible on both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7 and 8 machines.

Has anybody tried QPC2 on a Windows 8 machine because that may be another can of worms!

John

On 2013-06-12 22:00, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
not sure if that helps in any way - But i have the exact same problem with QPC on a new
HP laptop and Windows 7 64 bit
Professional. Computer goes to sleep, QPC dies.

On another (older) laptop using Windows 7 Basic 32 bit, everything is fine.

Tobias
At least I know I'm not alone now! Thanks, Tobias.

I should have stated that the problem doesn't happen on my netbook
with Windows 7 starter (32-bit).

Dilwyn