To: <ql-us...@q-v-d.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2013 2:18 PM
Subject: [Ql-Users] QPC2 v3.40 Beta 2

Surprise! It only took 6 years, but finally there is another official
beta of QPC ;-) Don't hesitate because it's called a "beta", it's very
stable, I only want people to test the new keyboard driver first
before calling it a release.

It includes the latest SMSQ/E v3.16.

New features:
 - Added new keyboard driver that doesn't rely on DirectX anymore.
   DirectX support in Windows became worse and worse over the years,
   so now QPC can use the Windows keyboard driver. Much work has been
   but into this feature to be as compatible as possible, so I hope
   it works for all countries and that even KEYROW continues to make
   some sense.
   SMSQ/E keyboard tables like the ones created by Clavier will NOT
   work with this driver, but the old driver is still in there, just
   select "SMSQ/E" as the keyboard driver in the configuration
   dialog.

 - Basic support for floppy disc images. Images can be configured on
   boot but currently not changed afterwards.

 - Various bug fixes including a probably more stable screen driver.

 - Some CPU fixes thanks to George Gwilt.

While I'm at it, does anybody still use the fullscreen mode? I'm
considering moving away from DirectX completely, which would also get
rid of native full screen mode. But in times of LCDs it's probably not
that important anymore anyway.

Download link: http://www.kilgus.net/qpc/downloads.html

Cheers, Marcel