Hi Geoff,

Re: My problem is that btinternet is Yahoo under an assumed name and Yahoo does have security issues. Both Yahoo and Microsoft seem to want you to put your address book on their servers and, for obvious security reasons, I want my address book to remain firmly on my own machine,

Like you, I would never choose either (or any similar web-based servers). I (attempt to) keep my address book etc 'safe' by using desk-top e-mail via an e-mail client program. For years, I have been very happy with it, and with my non-mainstream ISP (as are all my 'clients' where I have installed the same set-up). I dread helping those who have problems and/or are very busy with web-based accounts - and that dread is very hard-earned!

Of course, e-mail direct should you like more detail.

Greetings to all,

John in Wales