Evening François,

On 16/12/13 14:39, François Van Emelen wrote:

A question about the use of 'CSIZE' in  Easyptr/Easymenu.
Can CSIZE be used to have larger characters in an 'application window'
created with 'no menu'?
Example:

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer: years ago, I did a tutorial series in Quanta, one of the example programs was a Calculator, of sorts! It has a large window for the display.

What I did in the initialisation was:

OPEN #3, "con_"
OPEN #4, "scr_"
CSIZE #4, 2, 0

The menu, designed in EasyMenu, was MDRAW'n on #3. When I needed to display the result of a calculation, in the first application sub-window in the menu, I did this:

MWLINK #3, 1, #4
PRINT #4, right_justify(result))

So, there is a way to do it, yes. As used above, MWLINK's parameters are:

#3, where the menu is drawn
1, the application sub-window number
#4, the channel to overlay on the application window.

You have to do the MWLINK each time you intend to write to the application sub-window as there is the possibility that the user has moved the menu on screen, if you don't call MWLINK, you can end up with odd looking results as the menu is in one position and the output is in another!

You can do a similar thing to print to Info Windows as well. Use:

MWINDOW #3, iw%

You can then set ink, paper, strip colurs and CSIZEs as well in #3, before printing to #3 whatever text you wish to siaplay in the info window.

I normally define a couple of procedures iw_print, aw_print to do the above. I also have an iw_input$ function to return a string that the user has typed into an information window. I haven't needed aw_input yet though.

MWLINK needs two channels, in it's parameters while MWINDOW doesn't. The former sets the second channel to overlay the application window in the first while the latter simply redefines the given channel, where the menu is currently displayed, to the given info window. Consistency? What consistency? ;-)

Have fun!

Cheers,
Norm.

--