So we should start a Crowdfunding so someone (TT or MK) can write the suitable things...?

Cheers...Ralf

----- Original Message ----- From: Peter Graf

On 21 Mar 2014 at 15:30, John Alexander wrote:

This is certainly a good way to go

Not so certain. I think I spent 7 years or so debugging 68K cores.
I tried pretty much everything which is available on a
non-commercial basis. None was correct enough for QL assembler
program requirements. If a 68K core can just run Atari/Amiga code,
that doesn't mean much.

but I was wondering if development would go to
a QL video layout as well as peripherals or go for something all new(ish)
68Kish +QDOS(ish) + Modern(ish) peripherals????

The Q68 has all the vital stuff for years, good enough to run QDOS
Classic and Minerva. The main issue is the CPU core, still not
executing all instructions correct enough for vital QL software.

Also there is so many FPGA boards about I would suggest ones which are
very widely available
[Snip]

There are several boards, which would be more or less suitable. All
useless without a sufficiently correct CPU core.

Including the Q68, which is long finished hardware-wise and has some
advantages over the boards you mentioned.

Peter