On 10/10/2014 10:12, Dilwyn Jones wrote:
The Dinner information page is on Geoff Wicks's site - http://www.gwicks.net/qlis30dinner.htm

Holiday Inn, 132 Corstorphine Road, Edinburgh, EH12 6UA. - there is a link to Google maps from Geoff's page. The page says function room open from 7pm.

I assume that if there are any last minute changes (I haven't heard of any) Geoff will raise his head at some point to tell everyone!

Dilwyn Jones

-----Original Message----- From: p...@zx81.de
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 10:01 AM
To: ql-us...@q-v-d.com
Subject: Re: [Ql-Users] QLis30 - first goal achieved!

May I ask for a reminder about the details when and where (Adress) today's dinner will be taking place? There have been loads of mails about the dinner of course. But now it's getting closer I try to find the details ;-)
Kind regards
Paul

Thanks for the help - when Paul sent his message I was between Derby and Chesterfield on my way to Edinburgh and was totally out of contact.

Also thanks to everyone who made QLis30 such a successful event. I hope to write an account before the end of the week, but I have only just had time in the last few minutes to download the photos.

We had 26 people at the event which is slightly lower than we would have liked. We thought we would have about 30. The hall proved to be perfect for the number. As so often happens with this type of event it does not go exactly to plan. At one point we abandoned most of the planned program because everyone was so busy working at their machines and deep in discussion in small groups. This was the whole point of the event and we felt that presentations would only interrupt it.

At that stage the projector was already set up for a presentation which eventually took place two hours later at the end of the afternoon, so there was no possibility to set up a public Skype link. I later discovered it would have been impossible anyway as the wifi had crashed.

Two special words of thanks.

At the Friday dinner Valerie Taylor, wife of John former treasurer of Quanta, declared that catering was something that men were incapable of and immediately offered her services for the Saturday,. She did a magnificent job for lunch assisted by Sarah Gilpin.

Second word of thanks to Quanta. For all the faults they made some months ago when we were first discussing QLis30, they fully redeemed themselves in their help with this event. In particular the support with collecting payments for the dinner.

Incidentally the cost of the workshop was about £300. Worth thinking about for the future,

Best Wishes,

Geoff