Evening all.

If you he'd over to Dilwyn's  Web repository of all that is good in the QL
World, and download my old Winback program, you can create a new hard drive
file as win2,  then set the clock and make a full backup of your current win1.
Winback will set the win2 file dates etc exactly as per the original files on
win1.

HTH.

Cheers,
Norm.