Peter Fox wrote:
> What I have managed to do is find a much better boot file which solve all my
> problems provided that I can get it into QPC2 which is not working at the
> moment and without a floppy drive available.
>
> Have you any ideas?
Hi Peter,

I have an easy way for you at hand:
Download QL/E, a well maintained and ready to run QPC2 configuration with zero
setup work to do.
http://www.sinclairql.net/repository.html#QLE

It's just a 1-2-3 and you're ready:
1. Unzip it to your preferred location (e.g. your user profiles document folder
where you have full read-write access).
2. Well zero configuration only if you want to use QL/E without your QXL.win.
In your case start the QPC2.exe in the qle folder and make sure you hold the
SHIFT key when starting QPC2.exe otherwise yu will not get the QPC2 config
dialog.
3. Open the "Devices" form and configure WIN2 to the full path-filename of your
personal QXL.win file (e.g. D:\DATA\QXL.win) and close the form using "OK".

Now you're ready, start the QL emulation using "OK" on QPC2's main form.

The QL/E environment boots and you get a desktop with many utilities available.
Use your preferred ones (QPAC2 Files, MasterSpy, SBASIC, you name it) to review
and edit your personal BOOT file which is on WIN2_.

Whenever you feel ready exit QPC2 and restart it like explained in step 2. Then
open the "Devices" form and configure WIN1 to the full path-filename of your
personal QXL.win file (e.g. D:\DATA\QXL.win) and close the form using "OK". Now
your (edited) QXL.win is mounted as WIN1.

Start the QL emulation using "OK" on QPC2's main form and your QXL.win BOOTs.
If the boot process still fails, go back to step 2.

If all is well, you can save QPC2's device configuration using the "Save"
button on QPC2's main form.

Good luck!

QL forever!

Cheers,