On 8 March 2017 at 13:54, Marcel Kilgus <ql-us...@mail.kilgus.net> wrote:

> Jan Bredenbeek wrote:
> >          MOVE.W    $12C,A0
> >          JSR       $4000(A0) call pa_graph to parse line
>
> Wow, the old and new names are mightily confusing.
>
> What once was called pa_graph is now sb_parse.
> What once was called pa_table is now sb_graph.

I got the names from the Minerva source. Obviously they were 'invented' by
Laurence since they are not documented in the original QDOS documentation
:-)

> > Like I stated earlier, this code has been shamelessly copied from the TK2
> > ED command :-/.
> > Now the interesting question is whether this will work under SMSQ/E.
>
> I don't think anything has changed.
>
> > The vectors are indeed present and point to several JMP instructions
> > to the actual code. However the pa_table vector at $12E is not
> > really the address of a subroutine but a pointer to a syntax table
>
> That is true for Minerva, too.
>
> > (as is pa_expr at $130 which is not used here)
> > That, too, is as, which is needed for pa_graph. Interestingly, on
> > SMSQ/E it still points to a JMP (but it might as well be ignored by
> > pa_graph).
>
> According to the source there is no JMP?

The vector which is supposed to point to a syntax table points to a JMP in
SMSQ/E (like all vectors, because the real code is in high memory where it
can't be reached from a word-sized vector). I'm quite sure that there is no
JMP in QDOS/Minerva. So is this vector going to work?

Jan.

--
*Jan Bredenbeek* | Hilversum, NL | j...@bredenbeek.net