On 30/06/17 04:06, Wolf via Ql-Users wrote:
Hi,

There seems to be 2 differences between PAUSE and WAIT.

PAUSE  needs channel #0, WAIT doesn't.

True

PAUSE can be interrupted with a keypress, WAIT can't.

True

Wait comes from the outptr toolkit (on my QLStuff webpage, pointer tools). It just suspends the calling job for x ticks : WAIT x

You can replace it with Pause - or even a simple delay loop if you want to run it without windows pen (in the case of Pause).

FYI, on my machine runing SMSQmulator, the timings of the p procedure would look as follows:

100 DEFine PROCedure p
110 ERT HOT_KEY('g',CHR$(27))
120 EX RAM1_Dm5_Obj
130 REMark WAIT 20    - not used !
140 HOT_DO('g')
150 WAIT 1
160 HOT_DO('g')
170 WAIT 1
180 HOT_DO('g')
190 ERT HOT_REMV('g')
200 END DEFine p

Have fun!

Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Thank you for the explanation, I forgot about your excellent OUTPTR Toolkit.

I tried your example the parameters entered in the WAIT command seem to allow the Invalid Date to be sort of by-passed.

Do you think the DM5_OBJ programme can be patched to not check the system date?

I was asked in a Private Message in the QL Forum how to run DM5, personally, I would not use it too many issues to correct.

I like to use Cue-Shell, could this be released as freeware?

--
Regards,

Derek